Sunday, December 22, 2013

Merry Christmas!

What a week!  I say that like it was super busy, which it was for two days.  Unfortunately two days kinda got wasted because of the LTO (Land Transportation Office) and the fiasco that was me trying to get my license.  The first day we went and after waiting for about two hours they told me I wouldn't be able to get my license right then.  They said I needed to come back the next day and take a test and they charged me  2,500 pesos. The next day we went back and waited for another three hours.  They charged me more pesos, took my picture, got my signature, and told me all they need now is my passport to verify that I have a current visa.  I guess when the area office scanned my passport, the visa they scanned expired in March 2013.  So that is all I am waiting for now to get my license.  I am hoping it doesn't take another four weeks to get scanned and sent. 

It was another great week of work in Ma-ao.  In just two days we were able to teach 13 lessons and find 37 new investigators!  Some of the things we did to find those investigators were first for me.  We taught a lesson in the Barangay Hall to a few of the Barangay officials and also met with and talked with the Barangay captain.  We invited him to church and he said he would come, but then he didn't.  O-well, maybe next week!  We also went to a funeral open house.  We taught a lesson to a family of 11 with the casket of their dead brother right next to me.  It was such a great lesson and we are going back this week for a return appointment. 

I am super excited to Skype with the family on Christmas.  Thirty minutes isn't going to be long enough, but just being able to see and talk to you all will be the best gift ever!  After that we have a baptism.  Sister Nieva Cenidoza is going to be baptized by President Lopez.  We thought it would be a good gift to him to be able to baptize someone on Christmas day.  Sister Nieva is awesome.  She is super wealthy and is actually from Chicago.  She was born and raised in the Philippines, but moved to Chicago for work.  She gets mad whenever we try speaking Illongo to her, so all the lessons are in English and it is tough!  I don't know if I have ever taught someone who I know with surety will endure to the end.  She has had a very tough past and made a lot of mistakes, but she is incredibly repentant and all she wants to do is go back and live with Heavenly Father.  She told me after one year she is going to come to America and go through the Salt Lake temple.  She wants me to go there with her and I promised I would.  The sad thing is that her husband died and she does not want to be sealed to him.  I think it is sad, but I am sure everything gets worked out in the next life!

This week I have been thinking a lot about angels.  I have studied a little about them, but honestly I still don't know all that much.   I do know that they are here though.  I am the luckiest person in the world because I have five very special angels in my life.  One that is beyond the veil that I know is with me more than I realize.  Grandma Wilstead has taught me more about God's love than anyone else in my life.  The other four are on this side of the veil.  First, and foremost, is my mother.  She truly is an angel.  No other word could accurately describe her.  If it weren't for us four boys, she would have gone to heaven a long time ago.  I don't know how dad got her, but good job pops!  Grandma Olcott has always been one of the most loving people I know and has never been too busy to spend time with us grandkids.  Of course Melissa was one of the more literal angels that was sent to me.  I don't know what else to call the answer to a prayer, and that is exactly what she was and is.  Her mother, Natalie, has the best timing ever!  Whenever I feel super homesick, I can expect to be getting a package from her.  Even if it is just candy and a card, it is always just what I needed!  I'm not going to call Dad, Kody, and Logan angels, but they are definitely blessings in my life!

Merry Christmas!  I love you all!


Erick Cayao, Elder Peralta, and Gami

Welcome to Ma-ao

No comments:

Post a Comment