Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy Birthday

This was a crazy week.  We went on three exchanges with the Bago zone leaders and it was good.  So, I am transferring again.  This time to Ma-ao.  It is actually a barangay of Bago City in Negros Occidental.  Anyways, there have never been missionaries there before.  It is what is called an open area.  President know there is one member family there, but other than that he knows little about it.  Elder Peralta and I kinda feel like someone hit us over the head with a 2x4.  We had 25 baptisms planned in our area for December, including 10 on Christmas Day and now we are opening an area, meaning a big 0 for baptisms in December.  O-well, such is life right? 

My birthday was good--much better than the last one.  I was actually on exchanges in the morning and then I went home around 10:30 and opened my presents.  After that Elder Peralta and I went to work together for the first time all week.  While we were out, Elder Doane texted us and told us to meet them for pizza after we were done working.  They all treated me to pizza and wings for my birthday dinner which was awesome!

I heard a quote the other day from one of our new missionaries straight from the MTC.  He said, "You have two years to work as hard as you can, and an eternity to think about it."  I loved that!

So far, being an AP has sucked!!!!!  Just kidding.  I have had fun, but I have been sick for two weeks because we are so busy and I don't have time to get better!  I like the expectations that are placed on us though. 

Hope everyone has a great week. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment