Sunday, December 15, 2013

Still Waiting for the Passport

Our week was good.  My passport still hasn't come in, but we were able to go and work in Ma-ao on Sunday and it was an awesome experience.  We were able to find six new investigators and I can say that the people there are so ready to hear this gospel.  After being there for a day, Elder Peralta and I cannot wait to go back on Wednesday to work more!  I feel like miracles are going to happen there.  As I only have six months left in my mission, I hope that is where I get to finish off my mission.

I want to share just one experience that we had yesterday that kinda shows how prepared these people are for this gospel.  We met the Barrientos Family.  They have listened to the missionaries before but nothing really came of it.  When we first got there it was only the mother that we were teaching.  She was telling us how badly she wants her son Michael to change.  He is 21 and has a lot of bad habits because of his group of friends.  As we were promising his mother that our message will change her entire family's life, she was just bawling.  Then her son Michael shows up, and I swear I have seen this kid before--but I haven't.  (Sounds weird, I know)  Anyways, he comes in and sits down.  He tells us about his desire to give up some of his bad habits and how he wants to feel "light" and not feel so heavy all the time because of his sins.  It was way cool.  I was able to bear testimony to him that I know this gospel will change us because I have experienced it in my own life.  We committed the mom and Michael to be baptized on January 17, then after we got home we got a call from the mom saying she had talked to her husband and they all want to be baptized on Christmas Day--they said January 18 was too far away.  Unfortunately, they have to attend church four times before they can be baptized, but I just thought it was awesome that they want it so bad.  Michael also told us during the lesson that he would really like to try serving a mission one day.  It was just super cool.  I  haven't known that family very long, but I seriously love them so much.  That is what happens here, you fall in love with the people so quickly that it is insane!

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment