Sunday, November 24, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

This was a great week!  It started off extremely spiritual with the meetings with the new missionaries and then we were able to get some great work done.  Being an AP is a great opportunity.  I have very humbly prayed and asked for divine help as I try to do what I feel so inadequate at being able to do by myself.  It is so great being with three other missionaries that have the same desire to work and to see the blessing this is in people's life as I do.  I am so excited to watch the work in this ward!

This week is going to be a pretty busy one for us.  We have exchanges coming up with Bacolod North, Bacolod South, and the Bago zone leaders.  I am excited and know that we will have another successful week with many more miracles.  We have a great investigator named Sister Nieva.  She is a perfect example of the rich and the learned.  She truly has been so prepared by the Lord to accept this gospel.  She is very excited and is extremely in tune with the spirit.

I was really hoping to have great news about the football game, but it's okay.  I told Elder Doane earlier today that no matter what happened with the game, I wouldn't be more proud than I was the day that Kody told me he was going on a mission and nothing would stop him from serving.

I want to share an experience that I had a couple of days ago.  I was really trying to figure out what I have gained from my mission that has changed my life.  That sounds weird, because every week I share experiences that have changed my life here.  But, this was more like what has really changed me.  I thought about it for a couple of days actually and I just barely received my answer--actually during emailing you!  I now know that this gospel is true.  Before it was just something that I felt or something that I "hoped" to be true because I didn't have a lot of other things to go on.  I said I knew and I used that when I bore testimony because in my limited knowledge, I really thought I did know.  But now I KNOW it is true.  I know it, not just feel it.  I hope I never lose it, because I am more genuinely more happy than I have ever been in my life right now.  It sucks being away from you all, but the fact that I wake up every day with a smile on my face is because I am doing the things that bring true happiness.  So, when I get home and start complaining because I don't know what to do, just slap me in the face with this email!

I hope you all  have a great week!  I love you all so much!  Hope you have a good Thanksgiving.

First training as an Assistant to the President

Feeling the effects of no sleep

Elder Peralta and me

The food is always the best part of our meetings


No comments:

Post a Comment