Sunday, September 29, 2013

Attack of the Demon Goose

It was great having a baptism this week.  Honestly, the whole week is better (especially the sacrament meeting) when you have someone being baptized and confirmed.  Unfortunately, we only had one this week.  We were planning on baptizing a couple, however the wife had to go to the emergency room with her grandson.  However, the husband was baptized and confirmed this week.  The smile that was on Brother Corson's face after he came out of the water makes it all worth it.  Also seeing his eyes full of tears after receiving the Holy Ghost, and knowing he is feeling things he has never felt before in his life is just really cool.  The wife has asked to reschedule when everything has settled down for a bit, which we are more than happy to do. 

The trial of the week was definitely spraining my ankle on Thursday.  I wasn't sure how I was going to explain to President Lopez that I sprained it while I was trying to escape an attack by a demon goose!  I just told Elder Cudac that this is where the testimony of two witnesses is really important!!! 
We were on our way to visit a less active family, and when we arrived we saw their two geese standing right in the walking path.  These geese (the big ones--that look like swans) are extremely territorial and they start honking at us, as they usually do.  I started thinking, one of these days one of them is going to attack us and I am going to have to explain to the family why I killed one of their animals.  Well, one day was actually Thursday!  The goose called my bluff and turned to face me, lowered his head, and charged.  I kicked it in the face, then stepped on its neck as it was snapping at my ankles.  It actually bit me and it hurt like *#&@, so I was getting out of there!  During my escape, I stepped on a rock and felt a pop in my ankle and realized I had sprained it . . . . . my manhood has been questioned ever since!  The ankle isn't swollen anymore and the bruising is finally starting to go away. 

Yesterday we taught Brother Ronald.  He is the one who was speaking Tagalog and I understood everything he was saying.  Well, this lesson was good but he came out and confessed that he is bisexual.  He hasn't broken the law of chastity yet, but says the desire is there.  We are going to be working a lot on that in the coming weeks!  I am hoping if he gets a testimony of the Book of Mormon and the church, he will have that mighty change of heart.  A funny comment he made was, "Elders, I think God gave me the heart of a woman for a reason."  I was just like um, that's not exactly how it works--God doesn't make mistakes!  He still isn't so sure, but we will see!

I can't believe I only have nine months left.  It is going by pretty fast.  Yesterday during sacrament meeting I started to think about how much I am going to miss a lot of these people.  It's just good to know that I will be with them in the next life if we all endure!

I love you guys!  Hope you have a great week!

Elder Ellis from Salt Lake City

Welcome to the land of never-ending rain & wet socks

My walking stick that Elder Cudac gave me after my goose attack


My best friends

No comments:

Post a Comment