Sunday, September 22, 2013

Zone Conference

This week was a good week.  We had some really good lessons and we had a lot of investigators at church which is always nice.

We had a zone conference this week that was a lot of fun.  We stayed in a hotel and I actually had a warm shower for the first time in 14 months!  I warned the other elders that I was going to sit and enjoy it, and I think I was in there for about an hour!  My favorite part was definitely a video that was shown.  I never could have imagined at the start of my mission how difficult this would be, but Elder Holland hit it right on the head when he said, "Salvation isn't easy, so why would the work of salvation be easy."

We have a lot of baptisms coming up.  The Corson family is next week.  They have the most pure faith I have ever seen in any two people.  They are 75 and 65 and have been married for 50 years.  They recognize us as messengers of the Lord and they believe everything that we tell them.  We taught them about tithing last week and then on Sunday they came up to me and said, "Elder, show us how to pay tithing."  They both have worked in the sugarcane fields their entire lives to support their family.  They both still work every day except Sunday.  They don't have a lot, but they paid 100 pesos.  That is enough to buy rice for about two weeks.  It was amazing and very humbling to see that.  It is amazing the people you meet here and how prepared they are by the Lord.

I love you all so much!  Hope you all have a great week!

Elder Shaffer (one of my MTC roomies)

Just hanging with the kids

The "brethren"

Problem with public transportation

Zone conference dinner

Our Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment