Sunday, September 8, 2013

Another Unbelievable Experience

This was an okay week.  It would have been great if we would have had a baptism, but we didn't!  This is the first time in 8 weeks that we haven't had one and I hated it.  It makes the week go by so much smoother when you know someone is entering the waters of baptism.  The worst part is we still have two more weeks until we have one.  However, starting on the 28th we have solid commitments with progressing investigators all the way through October.  The best part is that it isn't just one person a week--some are two and three!  It is very exciting.,

So, I had the flu at the beginning of the week, so we weren't able to go out until Thursday.  I hate not being able to work, and I feel like that is why Kody lost his game.  You might tell me I am crazy, but I seriously feel like whenever I make a mistake or can't work, you are all going to have a bad week.  I know that isn't the way Heavenly Father works, but it drives me insane!!!

I had an interesting experience this week.  Remember that place I told you about that is way up in the mountains?  Well, we went there again on Saturday and we taught the people up there.  In the middle of a lesson with the older (and I mean like mid 70's) parents of a member, the grandma pulls out a small piece of white paper.  I didn't think anything of it, then she pulls out a little baggy with green leaves in it.  I saw that and just went (in my mind) this is not happening.  Well, this grandma pulled out the stuff and starts pulling apart and breaking up the leaves and setting them on the paper.  Then she rolls the paper--nice and tight--and at this point I am about dying!  There is no way I am talking about the restoration of the gospel and this lady is rolling a joint!  I decided it was probably pure tobacco or something.  Then she lit it and that thick smoke and horrible body odor stench of marijuana literally filled the room.  I am not kidding you!  We stopped the lesson and just got out of there.  I couldn't believe that a 70+  year old woman was trying to smoke us out!  She had no clue that it was even bad.  You guys are not going to believe half the stories I come home with, but I promise they will be true.  I'm a missionary and cannot lie!!!!!

Anyways, I hope you are all doing great.  I love each and every one of you!

Ready to get to work
The kids are so cute here
Cleaning the house of the Lord
Still a kid at heart

No comments:

Post a Comment