Sunday, September 15, 2013

Training Again

This week was a good week!  We were able to get quite a bit of work done and find a lot of new investigators to help build our teaching pool.  It was a little bit small because we had to split areas.  I have been praying like I have never prayed before for Heavenly Father's help with what He has asked me to do right now.  Training is hard enough even when you have done it a couple of times, but then add on the fact that neither my companion nor I speak the language and we are both new to the area.  Needless to say, I was humbled very quickly!  It is amazing to see Heavenly Father continue to put people in our paths who want to learn about this gospel.  Starting September 28, our weekly baptisms should start rolling!  I am very excited because it is going to be great to see the excitement in the ward when we start having baptisms.

My new companion, Elder Cudac is doing great.  We are as different as it comes, but he wants to work hard and we will get along fine. Yesterday at church everyone was all about the David and Goliath jokes because he is only 5'3".  He is kinda stressing out about the language and not being able to communicate with people in their own language, but I know he will do well.  He is studying the language very religiously and I think he will be able to speak it in no time.  He gave me a little scare on Sunday morning though.  He ate some food on Saturday night that apparently he is allergic to.  He wasn't sure what the food is, but when he woke up he had rashes all over his body. They have subsided now and everything should be okay.  I won't let him eat at that place again though!  Hopefully that is the extent of our sicknesses for the next two transfers--especially because the mosquitoes here seem to be everywhere and especially all over me!

Yesterday at church a sister told us she has a friend who really wants to listen to our message.  His name is Ronald and he is 18.  We went to visit him after church (it's 30 minutes away) and he wasn't at the house.  He showed up about 10 minutes after we got there.  Anyways, we were teaching the lesson and he was hanging on our every word.  We finished up the lesson and were talking about how he would be able to know that this is true through the Holy Ghost and how he feels.  After that , he goes into this story about how he had been praying to Heavenly Father to show him what he needs to do.  Then he talks about how he met the sister by chance and then he designed the dance for our relief society (they had some activity in San Carlos) and then when he was trying to get to our lesson today, just everything seemed to be stopping him.  But he said he made it and he could just feel like this is something special and this can help him change his life.  This was all in TAGALOG, but I promise you with everything that I have, that I understood him word for word.  I could recite it back perfectly!  It was the craziest experience with the gift of tongues that I have ever had, and I will never forget it.  You all know that I hate crying, and I can honestly say I have cried in public only two other times my whole mission, but I couldn't hold back the tears as he was explaining all this to me.  It was so awesome!

I am so thankful for all of your prayers.  I know that they have helped me a ton.  I know that Heavenly Father always helps you do things that seem impossible.  One of my favorite quotes is by Elder Boyd K. Packer.  He says, "Faith is taking that step into the dark, even when you can't see the path ahead of you."  I feel no truer words have ever been said!  At the beginning of this week, I had no idea what to do.  It is scary going out of your apartment with five names in your planner and not knowing how you are going to fill the rest of the day.  But, it all worked out well!

One of the photos I am including this week is of a little girl that lives next door to us.  She is so cute.  I have a window right by my desk and during our study time, she will stand by the window, wave to me, and say "fwends".  I love it!  Today as we were leaving the house, I was able to get a picture with her.  There is another little girl that does the same thing, but she wasn't there this morning.

I love you guys!

My new companion, Elder Cudac

My "fwend"
New missionaries and their trainers
Training meeting




No comments:

Post a Comment