Sunday, January 6, 2013

First Week of 2013

We had a great first week of 2013!  We went out and taught a lot of people. Even though we seem to do the same things every week, it amazes me that it is so fun.  Usually you get bored doing the same things over and over, however, I really am having a lot of fun.  I am truly convinced by this point in my mission that you control your own mood.  If you want to be happy and if you want to be having fun, you will.  That is something that I didn't understand very well early in my mission.  I was always looking for that one thing that would make me have fun, when in all reality, that one thing is yourself.  You are in full control of the situations you are in and you can either have fun or you can be miserable.  To be honest, everything goes much smoother and you seem to lose track of time when you are just having fun!

This week we taught the word of wisdom to a man who we knew had some very serious issues with it.  I was very nervous about how he would take this lesson, and I thought he might quit taking the lessons from us.  However, the spirit was very strong during the lesson and he was very humble and expressed a deep desire to quit.  I was quite shocked to be honest.  He then made a plan of sorts for how he could stop.  He asked us to visit three times a week and read from the Book of Mormon with him.  When we returned to visit him, he said he hadn't drank or smoked since our last visit.  He did say he had a cup of coffee that morning though.  We will see how he is when we return, but we are praying for a small miracle.

A very tender mercy from the Lord this week was that we had eight investigators at Sacrament Meeting.  We actually had to switch the classroom we have our investigator class because it was to small!  I was so excited that it was tough to control it.  Even people we had never expected to progress are now progressing and I am so thankful for that.

I love you guys and I am so thankful to have such wonderful people in my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment