Sunday, December 30, 2012

Six Months

I hope you had a great Christmas.  Elder Paano and I did the best we could to comfort each other.  Just kidding!  I honestly thought after seeing the family, I would have a hard time focusing on the work and getting rid of the homesick feelings I had about them and my grandma.  However, the Spirit is a wonderful thing and it did just the opposite.  Seeing them actually made me want to go out and work harder.  I saw how good they were doing and how much the Lord has continued to bless them throughout the time I have been here on my mission.  As I reflected on my first six months of my mission, and just my life in general, all I could think of was how luck I am and how much the Lord has blessed me.  I cannot think of anything else I could be doing right now to show my thanks to Him than this.  Even though I am trying to "get even" with my Father in Heaven, I never even seem to get close!!

Elder Paano and I had an even better week than last week as far as tracting hours and teaching appointments go.  We also had three new investigators at church!  However, we didn't find any new investigators this week.  those new ones at church were from last week.  That is for sure something that we need to focus on for this week.  For the next transfer, I want to try and broaden our teaching pool so that we don't continue going to the same less active members or investigators who aren't really progressing.  That was also one of our companion goals.  We are going to continue to try increasing our numbers, but more importantly the quality of our lessons.  I think I may have gotten a little number crazy one day this week and lost sight of making sure we taught good lessons.  Elder Paano and I talked about it and made sure it would be fixed.

Saturday night and Sunday morning were a little tough because I knew Grandma's funeral was going on and that was tough, but I am doing better with it all now.  I know that she is with me whenever she can be.  I will go to my grave proclaiming to be her favorite grandson, so I know if she has to pick who to spend time with, she will pick me!!!!  Sorry to all the other grandkids!!!!!!

I celebrated my six month mark!  Happy 6 Months to you all--we made it!!!! Also, I tried a couple new foods this week.  Eel (yes, the snakey fish thing), frog, and rat (a rice field rat that is clean and very delicious).  I still haven't tried dog, but from what I hear it is the best of all meats!  

It was great to see the family on Christmas.  It seriously gave me the strength I needed to continue going strong.  You are all a great and driving inspiration for me.  I love you all so much!

Cole ate Christmas dinner with the Barrogo family.  One of their sons posted these photos on Facebook.





No comments:

Post a Comment