Sunday, August 18, 2013

Exchanges with Elder Stagg

Nothing bad happened last week, but for some reason I was really glad for P-day to come so we could start a new week!

We had a baptism on Saturday that went very well.  Because of a brownout, we had to have the speakers in the sacrament hall, but I actually really liked it!  It seemed to be more conducive for the Spirit.  I am thinking of telling the idea to our Bishop, and will see what he does with it.

We have started doing online proslyting and it has had some success!  We have actually received two referrals that we will contact this week, and we also got in contact with a less active lady who has some part member children. To be honest, I was a little skeptical about how well this would work, but it is!  We are still playing around with it and trying to figure out what is the best way to go about using it most effectively.

This last week I went on exchanges with Elder Stagg in EB Magalona.  The progress he has made in teaching and in the language is pretty incredible in just one transfer.  He is a little frustrated with the lack of support from the ward, but I told him that if he does all he can, the ward will pick up.  It was great being with him again for the day!  We were able to visit the Antonano family. I was able to see the change and the happiness in their lives.  During the lesson with them, I was able to feel the spirit way strong.  I could feel Heavenly Father's love for me and know that he is thankful for my work.

Last week our zone had 14 baptisms!  We are at 22 after two weeks, and I am hoping for 50 by the next transfer.  It is amazing to be able to see the missionaries' dedication to accomplish the Lord's work.

I had a Zone Leader Interview with President Lopez and I was a little frustrated.  After I told him all the great things happening in Bata and that we are fulfilling the mission's vision by baptizing each week, he tells me I need to stretch myself more and I need to accomplish more than I am right now.  Not even a thank you or anything!  I know I am just doing what I was called to do, but a little encouragement would be nice sometimes!

I was thinking a lot this week about how little I really know about the lives of my grandparents.  I know they love me and when I was growing up nothing else really mattered.  I was thinking about Grandma Wilstead and how little I know about her life.  Then I thought of Grandpa Wilstead and Grandpa & Grandma Olcott and realized I don't know much about their lives either.  One thing I want to do when I get home is spend a day with each of them just to learn their stories and get advice from them.  They are all great examples of having joy and happiness with their family.

I love you guys so much and hope you all have a good week!

Bata Missionaries

Goofy Picture

Tang is the only thing that makes the water taste good enough to drink


Mission Correlation Meeting


Rian before her baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment