Sunday, August 11, 2013

Another Week in Bata

This was a great week!  Sunday morning we had Brother Mark's baptism.  He was the one who was feeling very "heavy" because of his past.  Anyways, I got to baptize him and after we were walking out of the font he was bouncing up and down.  I asked him how he was feeling and he answered, "Light, like a feather."  Wow!  I got into the stall to change and literally started to cry a bit.  It's those moments when it is all worth it!

We also had eight investigators to church.  What a tender mercy from the Lord.  It is always good when members bring their referrals to church.  That makes getting them to church so much easier!  

Another cool experience was last week when I got to confirm our last baptizee a member of the church.  I blessed her in the confirmation that she would be sealed in the temple to a worthy priesthood holder.  It was kinda a weird thing to say in a confirmation, but I was prompted to say it.  I knew she had broken the law of chastity, but I found out on Saturday when we visited her that she had a child.  Elder Rillorta knew, but didn't tell me.  It isn't something that would disqualify her from baptism because her and the guy had been done for two years.  Anyways, she asked me why I said that in the blessing and how I knew she was worried she would never have that opportunity.  I just told her I didn't know and I had no clue about her child, but Heavenly Father knew she was worried about it, and he answered her fear through me.  It was another eye opener for me.  Sometimes it is hard to know whether I am following the spirit or if I am missing promptings, but it calmed me down knowing that if I am living right and just trying, I will follow the spirit without even knowing it.  I promise that sometimes we won't know why we are doing things or if we are being guided by the Holy Ghost, but if we are constantly repenting of our sins--even the little ones--he will guide us!

I love you all!  Have a great week!

Mark's Baptism

Our Zone - August 2013

The Three Amigos -- Elder Stagg, Elder May, Elder Wilstead

An every day occurrence!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment