Sunday, August 4, 2013

Biopsy Results


The biopsy results are back.  This is what was reported:

"The specimen exhibits acanthosis, mild spongiosis and a peri-eccrine lymphocytic infiltrate. These findings support the histologic diagnosis.  The differential diagnosis includes miliaria rubra or miliaria profunda."

I have no idea what they mean, but the rash is gone and I am just going to deal with the pain.  I am so tired of not being able to work!!! 

I came to the realization that Heavenly Father will put me where He needs me.  I came to this conclusion after having the prompting to read the story of Joseph in Egypt.  I had never read it from the Bible, but I did and I just realized that even though he was exactly obedient, bad things still happened to him so he would be in a position to save the ENTIRE House of Israel from the famine.  It just helped me see that if the rash does come back, it means that someone needs me in the Institute or wherever President Lopez puts me.  If it doesn't, I am needed here in Bata working as hard as I can.

I had a great lesson on Saturday morning with a 22 year old brother named Mark.  We were preparing him for his baptismal interview on Sunday and we were going over the commandments.  His whole demeanor changed and I could tell something was wrong.  I asked him what he was feeling and he lowered his head and just said , "Elder, I have had problems with all those things (word of wisdom and law of chastity).  He said he felt like he shouldn't be baptized because he wasn't worthy enough.  He told us about the things he had done and there was some pretty crazy stuff.  He made the comment that everything he had done was flashing before him.  He said he felt like he could remember every sin he had ever committed in detail.  I was silently praying and asking Heavenly Father what I should do.  I had no clue what to say to him.  I was praying to know if we should move his baptism.  I felt a prompting that it was up to him if we move the date and then very clearly I was told to share Alma 36.  Oh my goodness!  That was the FIRST time in my whole mission where I have been told what to do by the spirit and consciously knew it was from the spirit.  Anyways, I asked him again what he felt and he said "heavy".  Then we went through Alma 36: 13-21.  I told him (as much as I could because we aren't supposed to tell past sins to investigators) about how I KNOW that story is true because I have felt it and experienced it in my own life.  We talked about repentance and after a very, very spiritual 30 minutes, I asked him again how he felt.  He answered, "Light and hopeful."  He is such a great guy!  He has made mistakes, like we all have.  His mistakes are bigger than ours, but it was a great feeling to have the spirit testify to me again that repentance is real.  We can be forgiven and we can be clean.  He passed the baptismal interview and will be baptized on Saturday at 11 a.m.

This morning was pretty cool  Elder Rillorta and I had kinda a weird companion study.  We didn't start with a prayer, and we didn't read scriptures or anything.  We were just talking and it got to the point where I was able to tell him why I am sometimes an ass when it comes to being obedient.  I told him about all that had happened the first half of the year at home, in the mission, with my family and my girlfriend.  I told him that I felt that all that was happening because I wasn't being 100% obedient.  I told him that I will not let us not be exactly obedient because I am afraid of the consequences.  I am afraid of losing all the blessings I need!  I feel like it really helped him understand where I was coming from, so hopefully all will be well.

Anyways, I love you all!  Thank you all so much for your love and support!




President & Sister Lopez with the Bata Missionaries

Bata Chapel

Transfer news--not exactly the news we wanted

Brother Wycoco and Brother Medel

No comments:

Post a Comment