Sunday, June 9, 2013

When It Rains, It Pours

We had another good week in EB Magalona.  I only worked for two full days because of the MLC and the exchanges with Elder Cannon in Manta-Angan.   Elder Stagg was able to lead the area twice and they had very successful days.  I know pride is a sin, but I'm feeling pretty proud of him right now.  I really am not having to lead him along like I did my first trainee.  Elder Stagg has been a go-getter from the very start.  It is no surprise to me that our area and he is progressing at such a good rate.

Elder Stagg and I did actually limp into the finish line this week. Friday night we were about a half an hours walk away from our apartment and a freak rain storm hits.  Neither of us had our umbrellas and we got soaked from head to toe.  It was a bit brutal.  Saturday morning, there seemed to be trial after trail coming at us.  We were supposed to go proslyte with our bishop and visit some less active members.  He cancels and tells us that he won't be able to come to the baptism later that day and it is his niece that is being baptized!! After his call, we went to a further part of our area to proslyte and because of high tide, we weren't able to make it.  It made us waste an hour and a half of a pretty short Saturday, but we were still able to teach two good investigator lessons. As I am making the programs for the baptism, the printer jams.  Then we get everything set up in the church and a brown-out hits -- no electricity. Our speaker than calls 15 minutes before it is supposed to start and says she won't be able to make it.  I am about ready to flip out at this time.  We prayed, worked hard, and actually had a good baptism despite all the problems that occurred.  Later in the day we find out that the brown-out is supposed to last until the middle of next week.  Last, but not least, the rats are now eating my Cliff Bars you sent.  I started the week with ten of them, but I only have one left.  I have to keep telling myself that I am still a missionary and it is all good!!!!

If you get a chance, get the latest issue of the Liahona/Ensign and read President Uchtdorf's message, "Walking in Circles."  It is one of the best things I have ever read.  Enjoy the pics!  I love you guys so much!



Studying outside during the brown-out

The results of walking in the rain without an umbrella


No comments:

Post a Comment