Sunday, June 16, 2013

Another Great Week

Elder Stagg and I were able to really see the fruits of our labors this week. We had ten investigators come to church!  It was a great Sunday and we even had a small family show up to church who are relatives to our bishop. We have set an appointment for Tuesday with them.  Another blessing this past week was we were able to find seven new investigators.  Elder Stagg and I have been praying very hard for new investigators to lengthen our teaching pool, and it all seemed to come to fruition this week.  This is tentative, but right now we have a baptism set for each week until the first week of September! We will continue to work our hardest so that we can make it happen.

Elder Stagg is continuing well on his progression.  He is starting to OYM (Open Your Mouth) people while we are on jeeps or buses.  Even on the way to the Internet Cafe, he started talking to an older lady that we were sitting next to on the way to Silay.  He is also improving in our lessons. We had a lesson with a new investigator and he did almost all of the BRT.  The man was wearing a soccer jersey and that is Elder Stagg's favorite sport, so he was all over it!  It truly is a blessing to be able to work with him and to see the progression that we have witnessed here in EB Magalona.

One of the best parts of the week was when the power turned back on.  It came back on Tuesday night, but we didn't figure it out until Wednesday at lunchtime because we had all the lights turned off.  We found out because we saw people watching the NBA finals on our way to the market--and yes, I stopped by to find out the score!  I am just hoping that the Spurs keep it going.  You better believe that as I write this, they have the game playing on one of the computers right next to us.

Another blessing from this week is that we killed three more rats!  It has been about five days since we have seen one, so I am thinking we may have terminated the problem.  I am still setting the traps though!

Something that is beginning to wear me out on the mission is doing laundry! I feel like I finish one load and then my laundry bag is full again.  It is the most frustrating thing ever!  Another kinda stupid thing is our shoulder bags.  I feel like such a fag when I wear it!  I am always like, "oh wait a second and let me get something out of my purse!"  Don't worry, I am sending a pic so you can see.

I shot an email to Brock.  I feel so bad for the kid . . . I am so so so happy that I am almost down with one year and not just starting!  I hope he is doing good.

I am so happy to hear that everything is going well for all of you.  I really am not worried about a single thing that is happening to you guys because if I am being exactly obedient, I feel like only blessings are going to head your way. But, if trials ever do come your way, read Ether 2:25.  Just remember that when you are crossing the "Great Deep" (trials and struggles of life that we will all face) to have no fear because the Lord has prepared you (through experiences that have already happened in your life) to cross it and overcome whatever obstacles Satan tries throwing your way.

Cole and Elder Stagg

Another rat takes the bait

Cole eating lunch in the mission home during the
Specialized Training for new missionaries and their trainers

Cole and his "purse"






No comments:

Post a Comment