Sunday, June 2, 2013

Best Baptism Yet

Not a whole bunch to report on this week.  Elder Stagg and I had the opportunity to help another one of God's children enter the straight way to His kingdom.  That was a great experience.  Mostly because for my whole mission, I have never been able to help fathers progress.  That was something I was blessed with when I was set apart, was that my biggest influence would be to fathers and older men.  This was one of those experiences when my testimony was strengthened that the Lord fulfills all of His promises.  Now we need to get his wife baptized and continue to strengthen them in the gospel.  I have the feeling that one day this man will become a leader in EB Magalona.  He is very hard and sometimes tough to read, but his testimony of the gospel is unshakable.

Tuesday I was very sick and couldn't talk.  Because of that, we didn't go out and I have been coughing up disgusting stuff the rest of the week.  Elder Stagg and I set the goal to have a higher amount of lessons this week, even ought was lost a day.  I am happy to say that we did it!

We found a new family to teach this week.  It's a good thing too, because Elder Stagg and I ran out of money and didn't have enough for the bus fare. We had to walk to their house which was an hour and a half away.  Luckily they were there and they listened! We were blessed again because 20 minutes into our walk back, we saw a member and they gave us a ride home. That was much appreciated because it is so flippin' hot here.

We found out that although we did kill the rat, there are two more.  One is bigger than the one we killed and the other one is smaller.  I just hope they are the same gender . . . the last thing we need is two rats getting freaky and having World War III on our hands.  I am thinking of buying six traps and setting them in a line so that we can trap them in their little corner.  I WILL CONQUER!

Brother Antonano's Baptism





No comments:

Post a Comment