Monday, September 24, 2012

First Zone Conference

Well, another week down!  We had some really good days this week where we taught a lot of people and some days that no one was interested in our message.  Those days are so frustrating, but it is okay.  There is always this week.

So, about dearelder.com letters-- I love them!!!  I received one from Mom, Cooper, and Grandma W. this week.  I like them because I can reread them over and over!  So, if people ask, that is the way to go!

Monday was great!  Hearing that you guys and Melissa are doing good makes my whole week go smoother.  I finally got to work out and take a small nap, then we had family home evening with the Goza family.  Fun stuff!

Tuesday there was a brown out all morning--no electricity or water.  It was rough.  I didn't shower and had to dry shave.  The power came back on right after we left to make contacts.  The work was okay that day.

Wednesday was the hottest day ever.  I was melting, no joke!  We taught nine lessons and that was a ton!  We received three new contacts so that was good.  It was the busiest day ever and I was so tired.

Thursday we had a Zone Conference.  I got to see Elder Doane and that was way nice.  Also, when I am around President and Sister Lopez it feels like a home away from home, so that is good.  I saw my first Americans since I got here too!  That was refreshing.  It lasted from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and then we taught a few lessons and made a lot of street contracts with return appointments for Friday and Saturday.

Friday was a busy one.  We taught a lot of lessons and got some new investigators, except a lot of the people we had made return appointments with weren't interested.  That was frustrating.

Saturday is the worst day of the week.  I hate Saturday mornings because I know Kody is playing and I want to watch him so bad!  Then all of the people we contacted the first two days were uninterested . . . all 12 of them.  I was discouraged and the language was really bad that day.  Just not a good day. Satan is relentless!!!

Sunday I watched a dog get ran over by a car on my way to church.  Then he got up and kept going like a champ!  It was a proud moment for me.  I also almost got attacked by a monkey in a tree . . .yes, a real monkey.  I will try to send a picture next week.  The monkey didn't like the flash too much!   I am also going to try sending a picture that looks like a random street.  I took it from some dude's motorcycle.  That is how we get around here.  It is a trip!

Well, that was my week.  I will tell you about great lessons or spiritual experiences when they come.  I recommend you guys read, "Our Search for Happiness."  It is a great book and a short one.  I loved it.  Love you all tons!

Photos from the Zone Conference--Cole's mission president posted these on his facebook page.


Cole & Elder Estevez

Chop Suey

Malungay Soup

Bacalod Zone
Afritada


Rambutan and fresh bananas


No comments:

Post a Comment