Monday, September 10, 2012

A Week in the Philippines

Monday:  We had FHE with the Resuma family.  It was pretty fun.  The food was gross, but oh well!  I'm learning to just deal with rice and whatever we are eating with it that day!  It got me really excited for doing family home evenings with my family when I have one!

Tuesday:  We had our first district meeting.  Our entire district lives in our apartment--a whopping four people!  Elder Lozada is the district leader.  His companion is Elder Sobrevega and then Elder Esteves and me.

Wednesday:  We didn't get a lot of work in today.  We left the umbrellas at the apartment because it was sunny, then out of nowhere the biggest rainstorm ever came.  The raindrops were the size of ping pong balls.  That continued the entire day.  We were at a member's hut for about two hours. We are teaching a boy named Nolito Jean right now.  He is so awesome.  He is 11 and reminds me so much of Logan--same smile, same personality, same laugh.  He looks like a Filipino version of Logan! Anyways, I get a little homesick when we visit him, but it's alright.  His baptism is next Saturday.

Thursday:  Today was hotter than Hell!  (Not a swear word--I'm referring to the place!) We taught a lot of less active members.  That seems to be all we do, but it's okay.  We need to bring people back to the gospel as much as we need new members.  I also had coconut milk fresh off the tree!

Friday:  This day was pretty much of the same--visiting less active members and such.

Saturday:  More lessons with less active members.  We only have three investigators right now, so not too many actual lessons.  I thought I was going to come on my mission and baptize tons of people, but I feel like it's going to be a lot more bringing people back to the gospel.  Which is just as good I guess.  Most of the time people don't come to church because they need to work so their families can eat. . . it is so hard to watch!

Sunday:  Filipinos aren't very reverent in church!  I don't understand anything that is said, but I am trying so hopefully soon I will start to get something out of the meetings.  Later, I had an interesting experience.  We visited a family who had been inactive for 10 years.  I got the feeling they were waiting for us. I felt that I needed to tell the God loved them, so I did and they were very happy to hear it!!!!

1 comment: