Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Good/Not So Good Week

I am going to preface this with I am not sure whether this week was a good week or a bad week.  There were a lot of things that happened that would swing it either way!  You can read this and decide for yourself, but I had mixed emotions about it.

To start off, I was under the impression that the Ugyonan Festival was over on Sunday.  Wrong--Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were the highlight days!  We taught a combined total of three lessons those three days.  I was so frustrated and ready to tear some heads off on Wednesday.  There were so many people everywhere we went.  I heard the phrase "Hey Joe" 47 times on Wednesday alone.  I counted because I just wanted to see how high it would get.  I wish I could say if didn't effect me, and I wish I could say I wasn't angry those three days, but I am an extremely impatient person and I was pretty heated.

One of the highlights this week was the lessons we were able to teach to Brother and Sister Antonano.  I could not have given this man less of a chance to progress when we first met him.  However, I have never had more spiritual lessons than I have had with those two.  This week we taught about the Book of Mormon and then about the Word of Wisdom.  This man has been so prepared that it almost seems a little too good to be true.  He prayed after our lesson and I started crying--and I hate crying in front of people!!!  I just couldn't hold it in.  He is so sincere about finding what is true as far as religion, and when he was praying I felt like it was holy ground.  I felt that he knew he was asking his Father for help on what he should do.  He came to church and said he believes everything we are teaching is true.  I don't care what else I do on my mission, if this man gets baptized, my mission will be a success!  It was a great experience.

Another good thing that happened is that we found two new families to teach--which means lots of new investigators.  We just need to get them to come to church!

Transfers are this week, so I will let you know if anything happens to us.  Love you all!

Cole and the Antonano family

No comments:

Post a Comment