Monday, March 11, 2013

Exchanges with the APs

On Wednesday we went on exchanges with the APs.  Elder Galanza came and worked with me in Handumanan and Elder Saure went to their area with Elder Garcia.  Wow!  That was all Elder Saure and I could say after the exchanges.  They are two very sharp elders and now Elder Saure and I always say, "Alright, what would the APs do?"  What absolutely blew my mind about how Elder Galanza taught was that every lesson we taught was on the Book of Mormon.  I loved their training at Zone Leader Conference, but Elder Saure and I were finding it hard to apply in our work.  I'm not sure why, but we just were.  However, after seeing how they apply it and how everything truly does come down to a person's testimony about the Book of Mormon, that is about the only lesson we have taught since then.  I cannot believe I didn't realize it before.  I tell these people every day how important reading the Book of Mormon is, and we need to KNOW that it is true.  If we have that solid testimony, it's not a problem doing anything else the church requires, because it is ALL true!

Other than the exchanges on Wednesday, I would like to forget this week.  It was a struggle because just as I was feeling like my sickness was gone, it came back with a vengeance   We saw Elder and Sister chin in the office and Sister Chin could tell I was sick.  I guess my face was pretty sunken in and wasn't looking food.  She told me I needed to rest and I told her I couldn't that day because we ad exchanges.  She texted me that night and said I had to rest or I wouldn't get better.  So, Thursday we didn't proslyte at all,  I think I slept for a combined 16 hours that day.  I needed it and after that the sickness slowly went away to the point that I feel like it's gone for good.  The only problem now is that my energy hasn't returned.  Even now, I have almost no drive or desire to do anything but rest.  But this week we will turn things around.  I have a feeling that good things are ahead!

This week we have our Zone Conference where all the zone leaders provide individual training.  I'm excited about it, but the only thing I am worried about is that I have zero experience on the topic.  I have to train on baptismal interviews, but since I skipped being a district leader, I haven't ever interviewed anyone!  I guess we will see how good I am at winging it!

So, I had some pretty cool personal study this morning.  I have been kinda pouty about being sick, and this morning I started reading Alma 7:11-13. Alma explains about the Atonement and the life of Jesus.  Those verses just prove to us how complete the Atonement really is.  I testify to you guys that he does know how we feel.  He knows because He has felt it.  He has suffered it, and He suffered it all so He could know how to help us overcome the trials and pains we feel.

I love you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment