Sunday, July 7, 2013

Happy 4th of July

The doctor told me I had to spend the week indoors, so it was a pretty long week inside the Institute Building.  I was given the assignment of talking to and teaching investigators in the Institute if the opportunity presented itself, and it did a few times.  Usually the people will bring in friends to hang out or to visit their class.  When this happened I would get very excited!  The bad thing was that there were hours and even a couple days when NO ONE came in.  On those days I pretty much just read the scriptures or sat there and made myself trunky--not good, I know!  But when you aren't doing anything productive, obviously your thoughts go straight to the people you love most.  I do know that if I didn't love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ so much, there is ABSOLUTELY no way I would be able to endure much more of this!

One thing I studied this week that was pretty interesting to me was about an incident in Jesus' life that occurred after the transfiguration.  Jesus, Peter, James, and John came down and found the people arguing with his apostles because they weren't able to heal a kid that was possessed.  Anyways, after Jesus heals the kid and they had retired to the house, the apostles asked Him why they couldn't heal the kid.  In Mark 9:28-29 it is Jesus' reply to them.  He talks about the power of prayer and fasting and how sometimes that is what is needed to overcome situations or "demons".  I have come to learn since I have been here, how truly powerful fasting is.  I know sometimes it is a hassle, but it helps us grow closer to our Savior better than anything else.  You will also see the blessings that you are asking for. 

So I sent your Christmas package on Friday.  Yes, it will get there very early, but they are really sweet and I want you guys to be able to use them right now.  I don't want you to open them until next week during email time though.  I sent it DHL, so it should be there before next Sunday.  Don't expect much more around Christmas time though, because this was a little pricey.  It is so worth it though.  I hope you all like it.


I love you all so much!

American breakfast

Happy 4th of July

A day in the Institute

No comments:

Post a Comment