Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Four Months Down

We had another good week here in Handumanan.  I went on two companionship exchanges this week.  First, I went to Paglaum to work with Elder Daplin.  For the second one, I went to Aligis to work with Elder Javvillo.  It was a great experience.  I truly look up to Elder Javillo and we had really good chemistry while we were teaching.

A less than awesome part of our week was when we were told one investigator didn't want to continue the lessons.  I took it pretty hard, as I really felt close to this man, and I thought one day he would be a great leader in our church.  That happened on Saturday and it kind of killed the weekend for me.  However, I guess I just need to keep on going.  These times will happen.  It is so funny how fast things change in the mission field--especially with the language.  I am not amazing by any means, but the improvement this week was remarkable.  I made progress in my understanding, for what felt like the first time my whole mission.  Hopefully I will continue to make progress!  I know I have a lot of room to grow as a missionary, but I am gaining confidence every day.

We will be moving into our new apartment this Saturday.  We are very excited and the apartment is amazing with the renovations!

There were a bunch of kids playing soccer at our zone activity.  I started playing with them and afterwards I called them all in and we took a picture.  I just happened to have a bunch of "Plan of Salvation" pamphlets (a spiritual prompting before we left the apartment) and I gave each of them one.  I taught a quick lesson about it, right there in the middle of the soccer field.  It was fun!  We had a prayer and all.  The best part was that I did it all by myself.

Please continue to read your scriptures and pray hard.  That stuff really is important!  I promise you blessings will come if you do this.

Just got finished playing some "basket" on our P-day.
I love it because I can dunk with ease here!

The life of a missionary!  This was after daily planning.
Elder Esteves saw me and got a picture of it.

The Demon Monkey
It didn't like me taking it's picture and tried attacking me!

My first taste of fresh coconut milk--right off the tree!

The Lachica Family
They will go down as one of my favorites!



No comments:

Post a Comment